Does Auto Enrolment apply to my business?
Posted on 22nd March 2017 at 17:05
RECEIVED A LETTER FROM THE PENSIONS REGULATOR? THINK YOU MIGHT NOT BE AN EMPLOYER FOR AUTO ENROLMENT PURPOSES?
Automatic enrolment duties don’t apply when a company or individual are not considered an employer. You won’t have any duties if you meet one of the following criteria:
• you’re a sole director company, with no other staff
• your company has a number of directors, none of whom has an employment contract, with no other staff
• your company has a number of directors, only one of whom has an employment contract, with no other staff
• your company has ceased trading
• your company has gone into liquidation
• your company has been dissolved
• you no longer employ people in your home (cleaners, nannies, personal care assistants, etc)
Automatic enrolment duties will apply if more than one director has a contract of employment. You can find more information about employment contracts on the employment status section of the GOV.UK website.
If you are exempt then this is the link to the online form that you need to complete to advise the Pensions Regulator.
If your circumstances change for example because you subsequently employ someone then you need to notify the regulator immediately
If you are not exempt then help on what to do next is available from Mill Pensions Limited.
Set up your free no obligation meeting with Elaine Tarver today by calling 0771 275 1336 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The meeting will last no more than half an hour to help us understand your circumstances, explain your obligations based on your actual workforce and identify your specific needs.
Tagged as: Auto Enrolment
Share this post: